Norton AntiVirus Protection – Download
Norton AntiVirus 2014 defends your computer against viruses, spyware, worms, bots, and other malicious software while minimizing the impact onto the performance of your computer.
This enhanced antivirus defense system features multi-layered protection technologies that work simultaneously to proactively block cyber-attacks and detect and remove malicious threats before they can harm your PC.
Norton AntiVirus offers a quick install time, and fast boot time. The software has low memory needs which reduce the burden onto a system.
- Stops viruses, spyware, bots & more — Proactive protection helps remove existing threats and stop new threats before they can do damage.
- Uses intelligence-driven technology to increase the scan speed and shorten the time and resources used for scans — Checks our extensive online intelligence system in real-time to identify which files can be trusted and which cannot, then scans only files at risk. So you can spend more time using your PC and less time waiting for scans.
- Delivers clear performance and threat explanations — Provides clear, useful information about the CPU and memory resources used by applications to help you keep your PC running at optimal speed. Tells you what threats it finds, where they came from and what damage they caused so you can avoid future infections.
- Norton Protection System provides five unique layers of powerful protection that work together to proactively stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
- Download Insight 2.0 reports warn you of dangerous and unstable downloads before you install and run them.
- Threat-Removal Layer targets and gets rid of hard-to-remove threats that less sophisticated products often miss.
- SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) Behavioral Protection & Live 24/7 Threat Monitoring uses real-time online intelligence from the Norton Insight Network and proactive monitoring to detect the latest breaking threats and stop today’s aggressive rapid-fire attacks. It monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to quickly and accurately detect new threats and stop them in their tracks.
- Norton Identity Safe remembers, secures, and automatically enters your user names and passwords for you.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it is safe to enter your personal information, so you can be confident it won’t be stolen by cybercriminals.
- Performance System provides tools and easy-to-understand system information to help keep your PC performing at optimal speed.
- System Insight provides a view of recent events on your computer, giving you the information you need to research and analyze problems with your PC.
- Power Saver Settings help you extend your laptop's battery life by allowing you to put off power-intensive activities until your portable computer is plugged-in. So you can protect laptops and notebooks without reducing computing time.
- Norton Management makes it easy to download, transfer, update, or renew your Norton products from anywhere right over the Internet.
- Network Threat Protection detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
- Always Up-To-Date Product Version as Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
- Bandwidth Management 2.0 limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks so it won’t eat up your monthly data allotment or cause overage fees.
- Vulnerability Protection stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- FREE 24x7 Support gives you the help you need, the way you want it — by phone, email, live chat or our extensive online knowledge base.
- Norton Rapid Pulse Updates check for new virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes — more frequently than any other security solution. Advanced “pulse” technology delivers lightning fast update speeds for continuous, up-to-the-minute protection that never slows you down.
- Norton AntiVirus automatically switches to Silent Mode when your PC is in full-screen mode so you can watch movies and play games without interruption.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring automatically scans emails and IMs for threats so you can keep in touch and share files without exchanging viruses, worms and other dangers.
- Smart Scheduler automatically scans for viruses and does updates only when your PC is idle so you can work, play and surf the web without interruption.
- Norton Control Center gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or a simplified view.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up.
- Monthly Report tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to protect you from threats.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7/
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3 and SMTP compatible email clients.
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection feature
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)
Immediate download - $49.99
Special instant discount offer: $40 Off Norton 360 2014
Buy now for $49.99
2-Year Protection - $74.99
Other Norton Security Products:
Not sure which Norton product fits your needs the best? Check our Norton software comparison table.