Norton AntiVirus 2014 protects your PC against detected viruses, spyware, bots, worms, and more while reducing the performance impact or getting in the way of your PC's operation. Intelligence-driven technology identifies and targets only files at risk, for less frequent scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry.
New Norton AntiVirus Vulnerability Protection prevents threats from exploiting security holes in your PC’s software.
In addition to usual anti-virus protection Norton AntiVirus provides easy-to-understand threat explanations and information about CPU and memory resource usage to help you prevent future infections and keep your PC running fast.
Norton AntiVirus 2014 includes:
- Bot protection
- Norton Pulse Updates
- Norton Identity Safe
- SONAR™ Behavioral Protection
- Norton Insight
- Norton Performance System
- Norton Insight Network
- Norton Download Insight
- Vulnerability Protection
- Analyzes downloads, files and applications and tells you if they can be trusted before you install and use them.
- Norton Protection System uses multiple layers of security that work together to help proactively block attacks and detect and remove threats traditional virus scanning alone can’t stop.
- Vulnerability Protection guards security holes in your operating system, applications, browsers and browser plug-ins.
- Detects and gets rid of even the hardest to find browser cookies.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool repairs, restores and boots severely infected, unbootable PCs.
- Automatically scan emails and IMs for threats.
- Finds and eliminates bots to help prevent hackers from taking over your PC.
- Intrusion prevention technologies are designed to prevent fast-spreading Internet worms from getting on to your PC.
- One-click support makes getting help even faster and easier than previous version.
- Quickly safeguards against latest malicious threats.
- Targeted, smart scans ensure few system resources are used.
- Rapid pulse updates ensure protection against latest threats.
- Free technical Norton support 24x7 to help solve potential problems.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7/
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3 and SMTP compatible email clients.
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection feature
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)